Senior Developer (Quadient)
- by HMRC
- Location Manchester, UK
£41,782 - £44,932 / year
11 days ago
Are coding languages like C++, C#, Java, .Net and/or Groovy part of your toolkit?
Are you an experienced direct mail and/or transactional document composition developer?
If the answer is yes, you will be pleased to hear HMRC are bringing document composition in house, using Quadient Inspire for our composition and orchestration activities for both print and digital transmission.
See what it’s like to work at HMRC: find out more about us or ask our colleagues a question. Questions relating to an individual application must be emailed as detailed later in this advert.Job description
This is an exciting role if you’re looking to deliver technological change against a background of organisational transformation, as well as a chance to make a real difference to people’s lives by delivering great digital and paper products.
You’ll be a key member of the delivery team, collaborating with all members throughout the full delivery lifecycle to ensure delivery of the highest-quality personalised omni-channel products.
Your role is integral to the design and delivery of customer communication products.
You will work with data in flat, structured and print ready data formats, using Quadient Inspire to enhance print-ready data and use this knowledge and that of print stream formats, including AFP, Adobe PDF, Postscript and PCL.
We are passionate about Test Driven Development, collaboration with business analysts, testers, and product owners forming a truly tight knit unit.
As the role is in a live service/RUN team, experience of managing information in Service Now will be beneficial; change requests, incidents, problems & continual improvements.Person specification
- Experienced direct mail and/or transactional document composition developer, and demonstrable understanding of electronic communications in HTML format.
- Experience of working with coding languages, such as C++, C#, Java, .Net and/or Groovy.
- Knowledge of testing procedures and configuration issues. Taking a logical, analytical approach to problem solving, while paying attention to detail.
- Demonstrate application of logical thinking, gathering, and analysing information using data to formulate plans and solutions based on feasibility and operational impact.
- Experience in leading investigative work into problems at a senior level, driving the collection of information and interrogating problem files to resolve issues effectively when a failure or incident occurs in live.
- Leadership experience, setting direction, coaching/managing staff to ensure efficient service delivery within the Live Service and Delivery Team’s, and wider Development Community.
- Professional experience of document composition in Quadient Inspire Designer/Automation/Interactive.
- Quadient Certifications for Inspire Designer and Automation.
- Understanding of *nix operating system(s).
- Experience of using Service Now.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services