SEN Teaching Assistant
- by Step Teachers
- Location London, UK
£70.50 - £80.00 / day
12 days ago
This is a "Good" Ofsed-rated school where leaders know their school well. The school is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant who has experience working with children that have special educational needs, and who will readily engage with the school’s ambitious, organised, and friendly educational atmosphere.Role:
- Supporting students with SE needs who may have experienced trauma or adverse childhood experiences
- Creating a safe and nurturing learning environment for students
- Working closely with teachers and other school staff to support the learning and development of students
- Delivering targeted interventions to students to help them overcome barriers to learning
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of lessons and activities
- Experience working with children and young people with SE needs
- Knowledge of trauma and adverse childhood experiences and their impact on learning
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A positive and nurturing approach to supporting students
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent preferred
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing, exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that takes pride in helping and nurturing our teachers, and a dedicated local consultant will always be on hand to support you through your journey with us.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education