Psychology and Sociology Teacher
- by Step Teachers
- Location Barnet, UK
£166.00 - £246.00 / day
21 days ago
As a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts across North London, Step Teachers are currently looking for a Psychology and Sociology Teacher in a Secondary School in Barnet. The role is full time supply starting after the May half term, and continuing until the end of the academic year. The role will involve teaching Psychology and Sociology across the year groups, including planning and marking.
This Secondary Academy, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, provides a very supportive environment that actively engages with the surrounding community in which it is located. The staff at the school are driven to recognise the potential of every student and help them to achieve.
- Strong knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 Social Sciences curriculum, including Psychology and Sociology
- Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification for teaching in secondary school
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Social Sciences at secondary school level.
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Social Science related degree is desirable.
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education