Autism Teaching Assistant required for September – Sunderland
- by Novum Personnel
- Location Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, UK
£75.00 - £90.00 / day
5 days ago
Are you looking for a new challenging starting in September 2023?
Are you looking to work in a growing and supportive school?
Do you have experience supporting children with Autism?
- Based in Sunderland
- Students are aged from 5 to 16 years old
- Students are diagnosed with ASD and complex learning difficulties
- Commencing in September 2023
- Full time Teaching Assistant
- Providing curriculum and sensory support to children diagnosed with ASD
- Working in either a primary or secondary class, depending on your experience
- Some 1-2-1 support may be required
- Support with personal care is required
- Will have a minimum of 3 months experience in a school
- Will hold a CACHE Level 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning or higher/equivalent (not essential)
- Will have previous experience of supporting children who are diagnosed with ASD and complex learning difficulties
- Will have experience supporting sensory needs
- Will be comfortable providing personal care
- Will be equipped to provide support with any challenging behaviours
- Will be caring and compassionate
- A great rate of pay
- Join a lovely team of staff
- The opportunity to choose when you want to work or take holidays
- A dedicated team of SEND consultants with years of experience and knowledge of the industry
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please contact us now. To find out more please contact Aimee from Hello Education on 0191 691 5007 or email [email protected]
- Refer a friend once registered and you will receive £100 cash reward once your referral has worked for us for 10 days!
Do you know of an individual who applied unsuccessfully to a long-term teacher/teaching assistant job who you believe would be suitable for full time job roles? Or that is currently working for another agency that may be interested in discussing the positions further? In return for every agency worker who refers someone will receive a £100 cash reward when a referral has worked for us for 10 days and a further £100 cash reward after another 10 days!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year
'A' level/Higher or equivalent