- Finance Assistant
- Temporary ongoing contract
A large, well-organised school in Lambeth is looking for an experienced and motivated Finance Assistant to join their team ASAP to provide financial admin support and work alongside the Finance Manager.
In the role you will be working closely with the Office Manager, the School Business Manager and the Finance Manager, where you will be providing support across a range of areas in school financial administration. A large proportion of your role will include daily use of SIMS and FMS, so you should have a very good working knowledge of both systems.
As a finance assistant your role will include:
- Supporting finance procedures and school invoicing
- Supporting stock management, ordering and monitoring.
- Understanding school finance and processing invoices to orders and reconciling suppliers' statements, handling queries and discrepancies.
- Having a good knowledge to confidently use a variety of systems and databases
- Assisting the Business Manager and Finance Officer with any other finance and administration tasks as required.
This large, diverse school is based in the borough of Lambeth with good local transport links. The school is well organised with a committed and driven leadership team who work closely with staff and parents to ensure the best outcomes for all pupils. Alongside the teaching staff team, there is an established school administration team who ensure all aspects of the day to day running of the school are accurate and completely efficiently.
To apply for this role you must have the following:
- Good working knowledge of SIMS and FMS
- Be extremely organised in finance
- Have a friendly and calm approach
- Be available on a full-time basis
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV outlining your skills and experience.
We have a policy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Philosophy Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Finance