Step Teachers are working with an academy school in Romford to look for a long-term teaching assistant to start in late September. The school is searching for a SEN experienced teaching assistant to help children with multiple different needs and to help make a real difference in their school's success.
This is a 'GOOD' Ofsted-rated school that prides itself on developing pupil's academic and social abilities. This school provides a safe, challenging, and exciting learning environment that adapts to the needs of every student. School activities encourage students to not only be positive contributors to the school but also their families and the community.
- Assisting the teacher with planning and delivering activities.
- Supporting the children with their academic studies and social skills.
- Preparing activities and any special requirements the children need.
- Working with parents and caregivers by discussing their child's progress and achievements.
- Assist with classroom management and provide an inclusive classroom atmosphere.
- Experience working in a school setting.
- Previous experience with children with special needs is desirable.
- Strong communication skills and teamwork skills.
- Patience, resilience, and a strong passion for working with children.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia, and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers is an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and is proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership, and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a European holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent, or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education