Are you an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant seeking a dynamic and flexible role in both SEN and Mainstream schools? Step teachers are working closely with a fantastic school in Romford in search of a passionate and dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant to assist a child in year 4 with cerebral palsy. This school prides itself on their culture of high ambition and the safety of the children. This is a full-time long-term role with the possibility of extension and it is an immediate start.
- Provide dedicated 1:1 support to a student in year 4
- Assist the student in overcoming challenges related to absconding from lessons
- Support the student in regulating emotions, particularly in the afternoons
- Collaborate with the class teacher and other professionals to create a supportive learning environment
- Support the child with moving and handling
- Proven experience as a SEN Teaching Assistant
- Strong understanding of Special Educational Needs, particularly in behaviour management
- Ability to adapt and respond to the unique needs of each student
- A genuine passion for supporting the educational development of children with additional needs
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across London, East Anglia, Hertfordshire, and the South West, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers is an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and is proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK.
We are also an approved partner of the National Tutoring Programme (NTP).
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership, and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent, or supply work then get in touch with us today!
You also can gain the chance to win a holiday worth £1000!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education