As a Senior Functional Safety Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety and reliability of our client's products by leading and managing functional safety activities throughout the product development lifecycle. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to implement safety measures, assess risks, and drive safety compliance for our advanced systems.
What's on offer for the Senior Functional Safety Engineer:
'' Great Pension (with x4 life assurance) + 25 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) + training/development (such as Professional Membership support) + cycle to work scheme etc.
'' Onsite work structure
Responsibilities as a Senior Functional Safety Engineer:
- Providing support to the Engineering department in the development of electric systems specifications that align with Functional Safety Standards.
- Lead the development and implementation of functional safety concepts, analyses, and strategies for complex systems.
- Conduct hazard and risk assessments, ensuring compliance with relevant safety standards and regulations.
- Supporting the education of engineering teams in the development of the Functional Safety capability & culture.
- Develop and implement safety plans that include specifying safety requirements and conducting verification and validation activities.
As a Senior Functional Safety Engineer, your skillset would include:
- Proven experience in functional safety engineering, with at least 5 years in a senior role.
- Obtaining a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or a related engineering field.
- Experience in an engineering development environment.
- Experience in ISO 26262 functional safety and IEC 61508 for industrial Safety.
- Being knowledgeable in writing Technical Reports according to the validation procedures.
- Having excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across multidisciplinary teams.
- Being a champion for Continuous improvement.
*Familiarity with automotive, aerospace, or industrial safety regulations is a plus.
If you are a passionate and experienced Functional Safety Engineer looking for a challenging opportunity with a forward-thinking company, we invite you to apply. Please contact Jemma Bradshaw at Orion.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately, we are not able to respond to every application personally, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful. To see our other available vacancies please visit our website.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities