As a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts, Step Teachers are looking for Science Teacher, starting after the February half term. The school are looking for a Science Teacher initially on a supply basis with the view to this becoming permanent. This Science Teacher position is in a Secondary School in Hemel Hempstead and is full time.
This Secondary Academy, rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, is a strong advocate for students receiving an education that allows them to reach their full potential and nurturing ambition and courage in every learner. The school visions include not only a student’s academic success, but also the respect and support shown to every individual and is looking for a Science Teacher who can uphold these values.
Science Teacher Role:
- Good knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 Science curriculum; including Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Maintain a well organised classroom and ensure the safe use and storage of all equipment
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
Science Teacher Requirement:
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Science at secondary school level
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Science related degree is desirable
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education