CONTRACT ENGINEERING BUYER
Rolling contract, Immediate start available
Innovative manufacturer is looking for a contract Production Buyer to support some of their key projects.
As contract Buyer, it will be a varied Purchasing role with responsibility for direct purchasing within manufacture supporting the Purchasing Manager to procure day-to-day items across a mechanical / electro-mechanical commodity range for production, from mechanical components/assemblies including metalwork to cables, electronics, and consumables.
Key accountabilities for contract Buyer will include:
- Supporting the purchasing of shop floor items
- Price negotiation / ensuring the lowest overall cost of acquisition.
- Placing purchase orders for a defined range of suppliers, using the SAP / MRP / ERP system
- Ensure suppliers deliver product to agreed delivery dates.
- Cost reductions
- Monitor supplier performance
To succeed in this interesting Buyer's role, you will need:
- Previous purchasing / procurement experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Broad-based direct purchasing experience, ideally covering mechanical, electro-mechanical or electrical commodities.
- A working knowledge of SAP / MRP / ERP systems and negotiation skills required.
Please contact Alison Kemp for further details or apply via the link
Likely to suit individuals with a background as (but not limited to) Buyer, Supply Chain Buyer, Commodity manager, Manufacturing Procurement, direct buyer, Purchasing Specialist, Production buyer, Project Purchasing
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities