Director of Engineering- New Product Development/ Innovation
Scientific Instrumentation - Microscopy, Spectroscopy, Optics
£75,000 - £95,000
Orion are proud to exclusively partner a long-standing engineering client of ours based in Surrey. This family-run business specialises in the development of Scientific Instrumentation priding itself on the collaborative and amiable environment it has created and more importantly maintained for all staff members. We can hand on heart say this is truly an exceptional culture to be a part of.
As an engineering business, they have consistently seen significant increases in their revenue and profits and they are happy to say that this is due to the dedication and hard work of all of their team members, who proactively contribute to the end result. Like any engineering business that sees this level of consistency and growth, this new opening for an R&D Director plays an absolute pivotal role in maintaining this and so as a result we are delighted to be able to support them in their search.
If you are an individual with several years experience of leading an multi-discipline R&D Team, largely focusing on New Product Development and Innovation, then we want to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities of the R&D Director:
- Leading Projects that target the development of new products to help drive growth
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to identify and deliver commercially attractive new and updated products
- Generating, agreeing and working to the annual R&D budget
- Setting clear objectives for the R&D Team to deliver on the required projects within the agreed timelines
- Perform Objective and Appraisal reviews ensuring the R&D team are delivering to the highest standard
- Engaging the R&D Team in any training requirements in order to keep them up to date with new technologies
- Deliver monthly status reports to the MD & FD
Qualifications and Skills of the R&D Director:
- Degree Educated (Ideally in Physics or Mechanical Engineering)
- Knowledge of microscopy, spectroscopy, optics or related fields
- Minimum of 2 Years leading an R&D Team within a Sientific Instrumentation environment
- Experience of trade shows and customer demonstrations
- Right to Work in the UK
- Full UK Driving License
- Must be willing to travel when necessary
- Working in a brand new/ state-of the art facility
- 25 Days+ Bank Holidays
- Private Health Care
- Competitive annual bonus
- Competitve Pension Scheme
- Free on site parking
- Excellent links to London
If you possess the skills, vision and desire to explore and implement new approaches that will expand an develop new and existing products then then this is certainly the role for you.
Please get in touch with Bella from Orion to find out more or HIT APPLY NOW!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
Executive (Director, Department Head)