Are you a passionate and talented Humanities Teacher looking for an exciting opportunity in a 'Good' school? Step Teachers are working alongside a secondary school in Southwark who are seeking a Humanities teacher with a passion for humanities and a desire to instil that passion in the school’s students. This is a full-time role starting in March and running until at least the end of 2024.
The school is a coeducational academy in Peckham catering for pupils aged 11 to 16, and has high aspirations in terms of the academic standards and personal development of the students.
Position: Humanities Teacher
Location: Southwark, London
Start Date: March 2024
- Strong knowledge of the humanities curriculum e.g. History, geography, RE and citizenship.
- Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated resources.
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the classroom and throughout the school.
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback to help them to progress.
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons.
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
- A genuine passion for education and a commitment to helping students achieve their best.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to connect with young learners.
- Qualified Humanities Teacher
- Demonstrated experience teaching any of the humanities subjects at the secondary level.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please apply today!
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying Humanities Teachers across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing, exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that takes pride in helping and nurturing our teachers, and a dedicated local consultant will always be on hand to support you through your journey with us.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and is proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today
Contract, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Education