Orion is proud to collaborate with Bucher Municipal, offering an exceptional and limited-time opportunity for a highly competent and experienced Quality Manager to join their exceptional team on a fixed-term basis for 12 months. Due to the nature of the opportunity, you will be onboarded in the same way as a permanent member of staff which also means you will qualify for their full list of company benefits etc.
About the Role: As the Quality Manager, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the seamless operation of their robust Quality team. You'll lead a team of approximately 4 experienced professionals, each well-versed in their pillars of quality which they independently support including; SQA, QMS, RCA/Non-conformances and Warranty/Aftersales. Whilst being the principal for this department, you will be expected to ensure the team works in-sync and in accordance to key deliverables set out to you, as the Quality Manager from the outset.
Why Join Bucher Municipal: This exclusive opportunity offers a unique chance to make a significant impact on our Quality team within a fixed-term commitment. You'll work in a collaborative environment with professionals who are experts in their field. This alongside their company benefits, which include;
- 25 Days Annual Leave (plus 8 for BH)
- Life Assurance Policy
- Private Pension Policy - employee contributions from 3.5 to 5.5 and employer contributions from 5% to 7.5%
- Ride to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - access to free, confidential advice on topics such as Mental Health & Wellbeing to Finances etc.
- Employee Discount Portal - a hub of online discounts applicable to a variety of different retail and leisure centres.
Quality Management Systems;
- Looking after 1 direct report, you will ensure that the ISO standards in which they adhere to correctly sit alongside the continued development of their own QMS. Those ISO standards are; 14001,45001,9001
- For any non-conformances which relate to the QMS, that the appropriate corrective actions are implemented swiftly
- Support the internal auditing process by gaining senior managements input for any additional objectives needed.
- Supporting a team of 5, you will oversee the NPI programs by acting as a sounding board for the Quality Engineer to ensure that the correct verification and validation activities are outlined and actioned.
- Ensure that the FAI Process is adhered to by the book
- Support and in some cases leading any RCA investigations, especially where supplier and customer are the main focus. Taking a proactive approach to working with customers on resolution.
- Maintaining their meticulous approach to HSE particularly across the shop-floor areas
Warranty & Aftersales;
- Supporting 1 other direct report on ensuring that the warranty claims they are handling are in accordance with the businesses terms and conditions.
- Acting as a sounding board for the quality team who manage this function by 'triaging' warranty claims in case of any other route to explore.
What we would like to see you demonstrate on your CV:
- Solid experience of working as a Quality Manager within a mechanically biased environment. This role isn't solely focussed to people management, but it is important that you understand the importance of leadership and leadership style to come into this team.
- Working in a mechanically biased environment, Bucher are a global leading business which specialise in component manufacturing therefore your technical knowledge cannot be too far removed from this sub-industry in order to hit the ground running in this position.
- Strive for continual improvement, if you are big on areas such as Kaizen - we want to hear from you.
- You have strong exposure to working directly with customers, not because this will all you will be doing! But we do need a confident communicator who is able to hold a conversation with external parties.
HIT 'APPLY NOW'
Thank you for your application. Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to respond to every application personally, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful. To see our other available vacancies please visit our website.
**Please note, our client is not in a position to support candidates that require either immediate or future sponsorship requests in order to work in the UK. If you wish to discuss this further, please refer to our contact information on our website.**
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
25 Days Annual Leave, Private Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Discount Shopping Portal , Ride to Work Scheme
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
HND/HNC or equivalent