Health and Safety Manager
My client are a rapidly growing main contractor and are now looking for a Health and Safety manager to join the team in Milton Keynes. This is an excellent opportunity for someone working in a H&S manager role currently or looking to take the next step in your career to manager level.
The position of H&S Manager will be located to the Milton Keynes office, however this person will operate a fluid and flexible diary. Multiple days of week will likely require travel to various project sites around the country, so you must be happy with this expected travel.
The overall objective will be to work continuously with the various site teams to ensure projects are being delivered safely with minimal risks and incidents. This is a new position within the business, so you will have the opportunity to implement your experience and influence how the companies health & safety policies perform going forward.
This role will include duties such as (but not limited to):
- Attending sites regularly to review site safety, processes and deliver health and safety talks to site teams to ensure compliance.
- Reviewing and updating health & safety policies in line with industry standards.
- Perform internal and site-based audits.
- Analyse, investigate and report upon any health and safety related incidents.
- Oversee health and safety training, courses and materials where required for site teams.
Successful Health and Safety Manager will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 4years experience in an H&S focused position within the construction industry, ideally handling management level responsibilities.
- Experience with commercial built environment projects such as retail, education, leisure, hotels and so on. Any experience or knowledge with commercial refurbishments/ fit-outs would be a bonus!
- Hold relevant health and safety qualifications, such as IOSH, NEBOSH or similar.
- Knowledgeable on industry standards, building regulations and up to date on H&S procedures and documentation.
- Passionate about making a difference in Health and safety on sites and within the workplace.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work with a wider team of both internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to work from own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Capable of continuously assessing risks, managing challenging situations and being adaptable to changing scenarios.
- Be comfortable with UK wide travel on a regular basis throughout your working week, operating a flexible diary to meet project needs.
The successful Health and Safety Manager can expect to earn a base salary of £50,000-£60,000, car allowance + expenses, matched pension to 5%, private healthcare, discretionary bonus, 25days annual leave + bank holidays and an excellent employee benefits platform.
Apply today and we will be in contact for a confidential discussion on this opportunity!
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
+ car allowance + benefits
- Industry Sector Construction
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
HND/HNC or equivalent