Step Teachers are seeking a nurturing and enthusiastic Early Years Practitioner to join an independent, growing team! The ideal candidate will have a passion for early childhood development, excellent communication skills, and a warm demeanour. As an Early Years Practitioner, you will play a crucial role in creating a safe and stimulating environment for young children to learn and grow.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with children, possess excellent communication skills and have proven experience in a similar role.
Your responsibilities as an Early Year Practitioner will include:
- Planning and implementing age-appropriate activities that promote the physical, emotional, and cognitive development of children
- Observations and assessments of each child's development, providing regular updates to parents and colleagues
- Ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of all children in the nursery
- Keep accurate records of children's progress and activities
- Willingness to comply with the schools’ policies and implement them effectively
Requirements of an Early Years Practitioner:
- An empathetic and compassionate nature
- Have an adaptable approach to learning
- Hold a Level 3 early years qualification
- SEND experience is desirable
- Recent Nursery experience in a mainstream or private environment
- Extensive knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying Teachers, Teaching Assistants and Early Years Practitioners across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a committed team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers is an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and is proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. As standard, you will receive access to high street, travel, gym discounts and many other exclusive deals, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services via our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and get £100 in Amazon vouchers for you and the recommended individual after the qualifying period. You will also be entered into a draw to win a European holiday worth £1000! If you know someone looking for work in education, please contact us today.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education