I am recruiting for a Production Supervisor for my Client based in Wrexham, this is a full time permanent position to start asap.
Leading & Managing the Cutting / whole bird / retail team, ensuring the production department is running efficiently with regards to quality, yield, legal compliance including the day to day completion of administration, attendance, training, performance & maximising the efficiency of trussing & packing of whole birds.
Being the first line manager for the area, dealing with setting the team out on a Daily basis and ensuring that the resources are in place for the line to run and the relevant Safety and Quality checks are being carried out.
Dealing with any breakdowns or changes in the daily plan and communicating with the Engineering team and management.
To ensure the required QA/ PC checks are carried out at the stages of the process required.
To interact with all departments to ensure good cross functional working
Provide the relevant documentation providing legal & customer compliance of the process.
Reporting of KPI’s, Scorecards & other computer-based reports in a timely manner.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Use the travel path attached to walk your area to enable you to perform your duties & responsibilities in a structured & efficient manner manor
- Entering the factory check that overall supplies are available & that the hygiene lobby is fully equipped, and the foot bath s filled including chemical
- Ensure that the attendance registers are completed at the beginning of shift to understand your manning position & scanned by 08:00 each day
- Check that both infeed operative’s thigh de-boning & whole bird lines have the correct chicken/ whole birds & are keeping a constant supply to the lines to avoid unnecessary downtime.
- Check that the process flow is being followed on the retail line along with the 60 trays per trusser every 15 mins to monitor & improve trussing efficiency
- To lead by example with your team, working in a safe manner and promoting the Company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures
- Ensure the use of protective clothing and equipment provided for the production area.
- Ensure that any incidents/accidents are dealt with in the correct manner to cover legal obligations and to promote a culture of Safety within the team. Both for H&S and Environmental concerns
- Lead the investigation of accidents in order to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure yourself & the team observe the Company personal hygiene requirements
- Report any shortcomings in systems of work or procedures to the Production manager including improvements & solutions.
- Ensure quality, hygiene and production standards are maintained in the production environment
- Ensure the teamwork in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within your area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc
- To communicate regularly and effectively with the Management team in order that they are fully briefed on all aspects of line/area operations, in particular the achievement of line/area targets, employee attitudes and product quality & attend production & engineering meetings / forums as required.
- Liaise with the incoming/outgoing shift changeover to establish any problems with machinery, etc
- To control and provide effective organisation of the labour allocated to your line
- Ensure & manage the timings of breaks to ensure minimum downtime and maximum efficiency
- Ensure operatives are trained to line requirements with adequate absence and holiday cover
- To liaise with all departments to ensure effective production of the products promoting teamwork.
- Where relevant, to ensure yourself and the team adhere to Bird Welfare standards
- To undertake any other reasonable and relevant duties as required by Management
- To ensure that hourly KPI boards are filled in on time, make decisions & take action as required
- To carry out a reasonable amount of overtime or to work outside core hours to meet orders and demand of the business
- Any other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Ability to read and write and numerate to basic secondary level
- Previous demonstrated experience of leading a team
- Understands and has a good awareness of required hygiene standards Mechanically minded
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Data recording experience/computer skills
- Ability to cope with routine work & a fast paced environment
- Positive attitude to work and with others
- Able to use own initiative and learn new skills
- Previous demonstrated experience of working within FMCG
- Food hygiene (Level 3) qualification
- H&S qualifications