Job Purpose -
To lead the Capital Projects team in the development and delivery of the highest quality new property, that meet the needs and aspirations of the local community, while achieving, where appropriate, an increased net revenue income to St. Albans City and District
- To lead and manage the Capital Projects team (around 11 posts) in the development and delivery of the highest quality new property that meets the sustainability and quality aspirations of the Council.
- To lead at a strategic level and be accountable for the Capital Projects programme, ensuring effective project plans, procedures and schedules are created that will deliver projects on time and on budget.
- To work with the Regeneration & Investment Manager to ensure Capital Projects accurately respond to market conditions and maximise profitability through a robust business case.
- To lead on the budgetary management of the Capital Projects team to ensure maximum value from each development is achieved through procurement and contractor management.
- To lead and manage the Capital Projects team in meeting the Council's legal, regulatory and health / safety requirements and responsibilities, ensuring that all construction is in line with current CDM regulations.
- To lead, develop, nurture and manage relationships at a strategic level with key stakeholders, partners and supply chain contractors to ensuring key tasks are delivered to a high standard by the Capital Projects team.
- To lead and manage the Capital Projects team in ensuring sufficient building/site surveys (including managing asbestos) and title reports have been undertaken, to protect the Council's interests.
- To lead on the development and implementation of life cycle standards across a diverse range of major Capital Projects and to take responsibility for ensuring they are completed satisfactorily (including during defect liability periods).
Essential Qualifications -
Construction or property related degree
MRICS qualified or PM qualification.
Minimum 5 years PM experience
Current and valid driving license
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.