THE JOB TITLE: Engineering Manager
THE PRODUCT: Automotive Components
THE SALARY PACKAGE: c£50,000 Basic + Benefits
THE LOCATION: West Manchester
As an organisation, this company both manufactures (and remanufacturers) a range of automotive components that is sold to both OE and Aftermarket industries. As a business that is experiencing growth (even during these uncertain times) they are now looking for an individual to take responsibility for the engineering department.
THE ROLE OF AN ENGINEERING MANAGER:
Working as the principal engineer within this business your role will be diverse and multi-faceted. Responsibilities will include:
- Spearhead engineering department, with direct management responsibility of the small engineering and technical team.
- Oversee Warranty / Product Development / Quality Control to spot overall trends and advise on how to fix issues that arise.
- Ensure batch testing targets are met
- Implement test procedures and ensure their parity to deliver honest results
- Have a genuine involvement in the new ERP system that is being implemented
- Report findings and advice to directors and stake holders
- Get involved with queries that are directed to the engineering department
EXPERIENCE IDEALLY REQUIRED FOR AN ENGINEERING MANAGER:
As an individual you will ideally be:
- Qualified in engineering
- Have a good working knowledge of either electronics, mechanical or pneumatic engineering (more than one would be even better!)
- Comfortable managing a small team of engineers and technicians
- Able to convey engineering messages to stake holders and customers (who visit on site) when necessary
- Commutable to the site in Western Manchester
CLICK TO APPLY FOR THE ROLE OF ENGINEERING MANAGER
THE CONSULTANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS VACANCY IS: DAVID JOBIN
FOR FURTHER AFTERMARKET VACANCIES: Please visit our website and follow us on LinkedIN and Facebook.
WE OPERATE A REFERRAL BONUS SCHEME: If you feel that this vacancy is not suitable for you or that, we would like to offer you the opportunity to recommend someone to us and earn a referral bonus in gift vouchers of your choice
Please note: we can only offer a referral bonus on candidates that are successfully placed in a new position. You will be posted your vouchers by first class recorded delivery the day that your recommended candidate starts their new position.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
'A' level/Higher or equivalent