Purpose and Role
The Chief Engineer is the independent technical authority for the client and is responsible for the review, oversight and critical assessment of the design and engineering output of the business.
The Chief Engineer will support the commercial team with Invitations to tender focusing on the development of the technical win strategy which will include detailed estimates for labour for the design and engineering functions.
The Chief Engineer will be responsible for investigating, developing and recommending the International Standards and technology and systems relating to the highest level of design and engineering carried out within the business.
The Chief Engineer will represent the client at meetings, conferences and events where our technical expertise and capability is being presented.
The Chief Engineer will act as technical lead on specific projects gaining an overview of the whole programme of work and sharing the technical requirements to meet the client's expectations.
- Commercial Manager
- Senior Proposals Engineers
- Engineering and Projects Director
- Engineering Manager
- Principal Engineers, Senior Engineers, Engineers
- Project Managers/Engineers
Key Aims & Objectives
- Attend, review and comment at formal and informal design reviews the output of our design and engineering team to ensure our output is safe, compliant and pragmatic.
- Peer review as required any technical documentation produced by the business which could include, concept designs, CAD schemes, detailed manufacturing drawings and engineering calculations.
- Maintain a register and programme of all design reviews both formal and informal creating lessons learnt schedule and identify trends which need to be addressed in both generic and specific terms
- Assist with the review of CV's with the Engineering Manager and support the interview process when required
- Investigate and manage the intelligence on specific client programmes of work with respect to the technical resources required to meet delivery
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Day to day review and reporting of technical progress on specific projects
- Management of technical overview requirements on specific programmes of work
- Supporting the commercial team on technical win strategies on ITT's
- Attending bid reviews with respect to engineering estimates
- Production of the technical aspects and estimates for tenders
- Substantiation (by hand calculation) of engineering designs
- Supporting the development and recruitment of the engineering resource, development and implementation of internship, apprenticeship and graduate programmes
- The ability to be a hands-on SolidWorks design asset if, and when, required.
- Assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.
- Demonstrable track record to the highest level of mechanical engineering with respect to the production and review of feasibility studies, concept design, detail design and fit for purpose manufacturing drawings.
- Demonstrable track record in engineering design using SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD
- Commercial awareness and fit for purpose solutions
- Very strong mechanical engineering (or similar) background
- Strong track record in the design and build of special purpose equipment and systems
- Awareness of a wide range of manufacturing processes
- Minimum of a Degree, HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer IMechE, Ideally a Fellow.
- Significant experience and references in engineering activities in a highly regulated environment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.