For our client it’s not just about what they do today, but how they can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations.
We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
The role of the Medical Information Analyst is to support Medical Information Services in Europe. The analyst is responsible for professionally responding to medical/pharmaceutical inquiries from Health Care Providers (HCPs), patients and other customers. The analyst is also responsible for documenting all customer interactions in the appropriate computer system.
The Medical Information organization combines scientific knowledge and communication expertise in order to organize and deliver relevant medical communications that are meaningful and relevant to customers, enhance patient care and advance the quality and transparency of the clients’ research.
Medical information provides answers to unsolicited medical requests from customers. Answers are created based on professional and scientific expertise and serve as an essential link between the client and customers (HCPs or patients, respectively). Careful listening to customer needs and adequate responding to customer inquiries is associated with a positive customer experience.
Primary Responsibilities: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the job requirements at the time it was prepared. The job requirements of any position may change over time and may include additional responsibilities not specifically described in the job description. Consult with your supervision regarding your actual job responsibilities and any related duties that may be required for the position.
· Handle calls requesting product information from HCPs and other customers.
· Answer calls in a courteous, professional manner with predefined answers/resources.
· Handle of queries from patients by providing balanced, accurate and non-promotional information.
· Identify queries containing either adverse events or product quality complaints and handle these in accordance with the appropriate operating procedures.
· Accurately record all medical communication transactions into the medical information database. Documentation is to be concise, thorough, and accurate in accordance with Good Documentation Practices.
· Support Tier 2 Medical Information organisation with the maintenance of the knowledge database.
· Facilitate fulfilment of customers’ requests.
· Escalate all enquiries without predefined answers according to defined processes.
· Other duties and special projects that are assigned by management (experience related).
· Utilize computer technology to handle high call volumes.
· Ensure optimal customer satisfaction.
· Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence
· Share most effective methods and practices with colleagues in order to satisfy customer needs and provide input/feedback to continuously improve daily processes.
· Maintain and enhance product and organizational knowledge.
· Support organizational changes. Demonstrate flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for the front line via scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or call volume variances.
· Participate in internal and external educational opportunities relevant to the Medical Information or customer service environment. Attend team meetings regularly.
· Response to Crisis/Red Flag calls and refer to Medical Information staff until resolution.
· Integrate compliance into daily activities.
· Comply with any corrective actions.
· Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits.
· Depending on experience level – peer to peer coaching
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree, diploma, medical or pharmaceutical technical assistant or equivalent in health care, natural sciences, pharmacy, nutritional specialists or a related discipline, or relevant equivalent business experience. Business experience such as medical sales representative will also be considered.
· Fluency in English & Swedish
· Sound background to understand national health care systems and organizational hierarchies.
· Excellent active listening skills with effective verbal skills to respond to customers with a rational and empathetic manner.
· Excellent written skills to succinctly, accurately and objectively respond to customers queries.
· Able to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs, managing their expectations effectively.
· Proactive, analytical and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
· Able to work under pressure, juggling short deadlines, multiple priorities and concern for maintaining standards.
· Good time management skills.
· Effective prioritization showing ability to be flexible whilst meeting customer needs and managing their expectations.
· Experience of software packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
Educational/work background in a health care, medical affairs, clinical development, scientific or medical communications field.
Knowledge of customer centre or medical information operational experience