As a Data Scientist, you will work under the ambitious Business Intelligence and Analytics programme acting at the forefront of innovation. You will be involved in areas such as Data Warehousing/Extract Transform Load processing, visual analytics, predictive analytics and machine learning. Additionally you will be pivotal in supporting a portfolio of analytics projects across many functions of DE&S, identifying relevant technology and developing strategies for implementation.
You will be responsible for some of the below:
* Working with complex data sets and leading the development of advanced BI capability, through creating and deploying self-service reports and dashboards
* Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI solutions
* Lead the development and implementation of complex data models
* Be an active part of the MI & Data Analytics community, attend meetings and participate in working groups.
* Perform FDO (Function Development Officer) role to improve capability within the function and participate in other function improvement activities.
* Work collaboratively with team members and actively grow your analytical and data handling knowledge.
* Validate, store, process and protect data in order to make it reliable, highlighting any discrepancies and ensuring it is accessible to users in a secure authorised way.
* Support the development and application of the data governance processes.
* Gather, analyse, explore and visualise the data to present the 'story' of the data in a meaningful way
* Regularly use intellectual curiosity to explore data, models and software applications to support data mining and more efficient data manipulation and visualisation.
* Identifying complex business problems whilst leveraging data value, use an evolving range of data analysis tools
* Identify patterns and trends to share insights with the team to inform business decisions.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* You will demonstrate experience of data collection to meet customer needs, data analysis, presenting data and effective dissemination
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
*Have experience using Microsoft SQL Server
*Some experience with Data Visualisations - Including the visualisation of insights drawn from data and building of data driven products e.g. Power BI
*Market testing and bench marking between workforce plans and Other Government Departments (OGD)
*Any experience using a data analytical tool to present information, e.g, Oracle Data Warehousing experience
*Application-agnostic Report Development experience Knowledge of SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
It would be highly desirable if you had; Data modelling experience If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
*MI & Analytics Practitioner
*Data Literacy, Supervised Practitioner
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
*Seeing the big picture
Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals
Role Shuts on Sunday 20th September 2020
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.