Principle IT Administrator
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded, excellence driven individual to drive customer growth at one of the most innovative telecoms companies in the UK.
Joining an extremely busy IT department, delivering projects, mentoring juniors and being the escalation point for all IT related queries across the company.
● Perform requirement gathering, work with stakeholders and scope IT projects.
● Liaises with vendors & suppliers to find the right hardware or software for the business.
● Create Statement of Works, Project Plans, RACI Matrix & RAID Logs
● Train and mentor junior IT administrators in the department.
● Coordination with technical aspects of desk relocations, electrical testing, disaster recovery testing, physical security systems
● Responsible for Active Directory, Domain design, implementation & administration, Windows Server Operations
● Design, Build, Maintain and administer the office IT systems. Switches, Routers, Print Server Solutions and Wi-Fi security policies.
● Design and implement IT infrastructure monitoring
● Manage and chase suppliers. Act as the first point of contact for service providers regarding invoices and ensure stock levels are maintained.
● Maintain the software licence register to ensure compliance between licences owned and used.
● Streamlining of existing processes & automation of repetitive IT tasks.
● Manage and control the firm's laptops
● Manage the internal cabling infrastructure
● Maintain company Intranet.
● Crate & enforce security policies on all company hardware & software.
● Handle telephone enquiries in a professional and polite manner, taking accurate messages.
● Deal with incoming/outgoing emails and post quickly and efficiently.
● Working as part of a team with other members of the Department & ensuring their IT needs are met.
● Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
● Keep the IT requests queue to bare minimum by completing them all as per SLAs.
● Deliver all IT projects effectively and on time.
● Minimum 4 years of experience in similar role
● Experience working with AWS or similar cloud platforms
● Project Life Cycle Knowledge & Project Delivery Experience
● Strong communication skills
● Microsoft qualifications, MTA, MCSA
● Network qualifications such as CCNA or equivalent experience (Extensive knowledge and experience of DHCP, DNS, Firewall policies
● Strong experience with design, deployment & migration of Active Directory (Cloud & On Prem both)
● A working knowledge of IT operating systems, particularly Windows Server Domain controller
● Hands on experience of installing IT hardware and software
● Strong experience working and maintaining relational databases (MS SQL, Postgres & Maria Db)
● Experience working in ITIL v3 Environment
● Good knowledge & hands on experience of G-Suite Apps.
● Good knowledge & experience of VMWare Infrastructure
● Extensive experience building and maintaining Server Hardware Platforms
● Extensive knowledge & experience of High Availability Systems & Failover Testing
● Experience with automating hardware and software builts
● Good knowledge of Windows Server Domain Controller implementation & Group Policies
● Customers/Stakeholders Support Experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.