What is the Job?
- Contract to start on 09-11-20 until 06-02-21 with a possible extension.
- Be responsible for processing all work allocated to them by the Benefit Team Leaders, in accordance with the Services stated performance indicators and office procedures.
- Maintain customer’s records accurately via the Workplace’s on-line computer systems, complying with Data Protection, Freedom of Information and other security standards.
- Identify and initiate recovery of overpaid benefits and classify each overpayment for subsidy purposes. Ensure overpayments are: identified, calculated; notified and recovered.
- Provide support, training or mentoring to colleagues and partners as required.
- Conduct quality control exercises by checking the work of others in the team as required and identifying discrepancies and errors, reporting the results to the Benefits Team Leader.
- Conduct home visits, with a colleague if necessary, to facilitate any benefit related enquiries.
- Deal with telephone enquiries and provide assistance on complex issues to employees on the One-Stop-Shops and if appropriate conduct interviews with the customer.
- Liaise with DWP offices, the Rent Officer Service, Housing Associations and private landlords on individual cases.
- Take personal responsibility for keeping abreast of new legislation.
- Provide customer services and to process Housing Benefit claims at the frontline and alternative venues as required.
- Identify and refer any cases of potential fraud to the Fraud Team for investigation, liaising with investigators as required.
Disclaimer: On applying for this vacancy, you agree that your personal details will be passed onto our client for their consideration of your suitability for the role. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to notify Teqniq Limited of any hirer who I do not want my details to be passed onto.