The role is required to support the implementation of the design safety case (Pre-Construction Safety Case) and the establishment of a Pre-Commissioning Safety Case and subsequent Operational Safety Case. The successful candidate will lead on the safety assurance through surveillance, verification and validation to sentence and satisfy functional and system safety requirements. The successful candidate will be the Point of Principal Focus for engineering changes and associated concessions that may impact or affect the design intent.Responsibilities
Your main responsibility will be to provide a primary point of focus for the safety assurance aspects that support the development of the Dreadnought-Class safety case.
Reporting directly to the Dreadnought Alliance, Deputy Chief Engineer DCE (Safety), the Safety Assurance Manager will:
* Support the Federated Safety Working Group (FSWG) and the Project Safety Committee (PSC)
* Attend systems and area integration reviews including the ;
* Manage safety inputs to the engineering change committees and concessions forums
* Periodically attend the Alliance Legislation Committee (ALCOM)
* Point of Principal Focus for safety assurance for the design safety case, not limited to the following:
* Key Safety Function Leads (KSFL), Managers (KSFM) and Owners (KSFO) / Engineering System Owners (ESO );
* Build Safety Assurance Manager
* Ensure the appropriateness of concessions and maintenance of the intent of the engineering design for systems that support fundamental and key safety functions;
* Ensure through co-ordination with the Build Safety Assurance Manager to provide oversight of specifications, plans and schedules for prototype and production testing of components, equipment and systems at suppliers' sites as the representative of the Approving Authority advising upon changes or escalating issues as required;
* Ensure through co-ordination with the Build Safety Assurance Manager to attend suppliers' site offices to witness prototype and production testing of components, equipment and systems as the representative of the Approving Authority advising upon changes or escalating issues as required;
* Ensure through co-ordination with the Build Safety Assurance Manager that system and functional safety requirements are satisfied through active testing at suppliers' sites and through installed trials by the appropriate shipbuilder's test group;
* Investigate, advise and resolve integration issues which may directly or indirectly impact upon fundamental and key safety functions;
* Compile detailed technical reports, memos and other technical documentation You will need to demonstrate effective communication skills in verbal, written and presentation media and be a team player. This role can be based at either Barrow or Abbey Wood. If based at Abbey Wood, this role will involve travel to Barrow.
Due to the nature of this role and the projects involved, this position is open to SOLE UK NATIONALS ONLY.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Experience in the design, build/installation, test and commissioning of systems, that may be established from either a regulated service, shipbuilding background or equivalent high hazard industry
* A rounded knowledge and practical experience of the principles of systems and functional safety within a marine environment and the contribution to the staged safety structure;
* A sound understanding of engineering, principles, policies and procedures,
* An engineering degree or similar qualification in a science or engineering subject, alternatively vocational qualification and experience achieved through alternative industry may be considered.
The closing date is 15th November 2020.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.