HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers. Our digital programme is multi-award winning and the envy of other government organisations.
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation, and this is an exciting time to join an organisation that probably doesn’t work how you’d imagine a government organisation would!
This role is in a customer group called CDIO (Chief Digital Information office) and you will sit at the heart of CDIO’s transformation within the Finance Delivery Group.
This Senior Finance Analyst role sits within the Finance Business Intelligence Team (FBIT). The FBIT team was formed in April 2019 to bring together all CDIO transactional finance activities into one cohesive team, creating a centre of excellence with the ability to drive standardisation and demonstrate standard methodology
The team, what do we do?
• Standardisation and improvement of processes, driving out inefficiencies and increasing data quality
• Demonstrate best practice and effective use of technology
• Working in partnership with Finance Business Partner’s and Compliance and Governance
• Centres of excellence with the right people capability ensuring continuity of outputs
The FBIT team play an essential role in ensuring the robustness of the management information that supports financial reporting to CDIO customer groups, Enterprise business and technology services, and Major Programmes.
As a Senior Analyst (SO) you will report to the Deputy Head of the FBIT team.
Key responsibilities are:
• The timely provision of robust management information that supports the analysis and reporting of financial performance.
• Ensuring that recognised control procedures and practices are developed and maintained.
• Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all actual spend, budgets and forecasts whilst adhering to the month end timetables.
• Playing a key role in the Business Planning Process, using strong analytical skills to critically assess business plans.
• Working collaboratively and proactively with Finance Business Partners, the business and key business partners to build trusted relationships and drive performance and continuous improvement.
• Provision of technical accounting advice, including upskilling and training; and leadership, line management and development of the wider FBIT.
This is an exciting and challenging role, facing a variety of demands from key stakeholders. As such the successful candidate will have strong technical competence over a range of financial subject areas and be able to develop a sound understanding of the organisations’ objectives and culture.
You must demonstrate the following within your application:
• Previous professional working experience in a relevant finance function.
• Advanced analytical and presentation skills that enable you to present complex financial information in a way that is understandable to your audience and leads to sound decision-making
• Good knowledge of budgeting, costing and forecasting
• Excellent communication skills and ability to challenge colleagues on technical issues
• Line management experience
• Leadership skills and capacity to deliver results through others
An accountancy qualification (CCAB or equivalent) OR work experience in a relevant finance function