The job role of 3rd Line Support Engineer sits within one of our globally operating clients and will be based from offices in Fareham, Hampshire.
Joining an existing and high performing team that is primarily responsible for providing technical expertise in delivery and support of services and infrastructure within the IT estate. This job role requires a strong skill set & understanding of Enterprise IT Systems and Enterprise Service Management
This team is responsible for the maintenance and support of Enterprise and Security systems including:
- Azure, AWS
- Global Active Directory.
- Server/Storage Architecture & Associated Software.
- Virtualisation Technologies.
- Data Backup & Restore Technology.
- Management of DNS, DHCP Services.
- Meraki Cloud Managed Networks.
- Switching and Routing.
- Security implementation.
- Wireless network management.
- Firewall configuration and management.
- Drive continuous improvement in operations, quality and performance
- Manage and implement upgrades to existing services.
- Manage and update technical documentation. Ensure regular review to comply with required standards.
- Participation in major incident process when service outages occur.
- Implementation of security policies.
- Incident Management and Service Request Management processes.
- Day to day proactive monitoring of the IT Network and associated components.
- Finding and fixing network faults.
- Planning and carry out changes aligned to Change Management best practice.
- Ensure IT Operations systems are monitored, and events responded to in an appropriate and timely manner.
Skills and Experience required
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- Strong Active Directory experience and knowledge, including Group Policy.
- Experience of Azure Technologies and Platform.
- Experience with Virtualisation technologies, VMware, RHEV or Hyper-V.
- Strong working knowledge in O365 Enterprise Deployments.
Alongside these core technical skills and experience, you will need to possess strong communication skills as well as a flexible and adaptable attitude to enable you to play a key role within this high performing team.
On offer is an opportunity to join a business that prides itself in its track record of supporting its staff and can provide genuine career development and progression.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.