This is the chance to become involved at the start of a new data programme using your expertise to help deliver the company's ambitious data strategy. As part of the programme leadership team, you will play an instrumental role in the enablement of world-class data analytics and data science through a new cloud-based data-lake and virtual warehouse.
The Head of Technical Data Services will work closely with the CDO (Chief Data Officer), Strategic Architect, Data Office and Data and BI specialists to bring data vision to life. You will be responsible for the management of a UK wide team and multiple systems providing various data services
As well as managing existing data services you will be working with consultants and specialists to design, deploy and maintain a new, modern AWS data environment, utilising the latest technology and innovations.
This is an exciting role for an experienced technical expert/manager who is looking for career progression working with latest technologies and modern data practises.
* You will primarily be responsible for the design, build, test and deployment of a new data services solution.
* You will play a pivotal role in developing the new AWS data lake to significantly enhance business insight and value.
* You will lead a newly formed data team comprising of members who are currently dispersed throughout the IT organisation.
* An important part of the role will be to build a cohesive, effective team to deliver on the technical work needed to fulfil the data strategy. This is a really exciting opportunity to demonstrate your impact in making a positive difference with full support from the organisation to hone your senior leadership skills.
* You will ensure that all data services are running to the required availability and latency metrics
* Excellent leadership skills essential, able to effectively manage the newly formed team to ensure engagement and productivity
* Experience in a similar industry facilities management services, construction or energy sector is preferred
* Widespread knowledge of data technologies including AWS services, Redshift, Glue, Cloudformation, IAM, Sage Maker, Athena, SAP technologies include Data Services and Microsoft Power BI preferred
* Data curation and modelling understood
* Good working knowledge of Apache Spark, Python and/or SQL is essential
This role will work closely with AWS Gold Partner data consultants ensuring best practise is implemented, the role offers a great opportunity for the right candidate to develop their modern data management skills. It also requires a 'hands on' attitude to help guide and coach the team on new technologies and best practise.
Salary range on offer between £51-£66k p/a
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.