The project manager is the individual responsible for delivering the project. The individual leads and manages the project team, with authority and responsibility from the project board, to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Ensure adherence to People, Time, Quality and Cost aspects of the project delivery
- University Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business Administration
- Prince2 practitioner
- Project management experience
- Communication skills with a good understanding of Manufacturing, combined with the ability to work within a matrix organization.
- Experience in a global business environment.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
- Steering of development process for new bespoke Features and projects
- Designing and applying appropriate project management standards for incorporation in the Gateway Review Process
- Managing the production of the required deliverables
- Planning and monitoring the project
- Adopting any delegation and use of project assurance roles within agreed reporting structures
- Preparing and maintaining project, stage and exception plans as required
- Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans
- Conducting quality gateways and reviews to ensure overall project quality is achieved and accepted.
- Liaison with Head of Project management (if the project is part of a multi work-stream project) and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources (People and Budget), initiating corrective action where necessary
- Applying change control and configuration management processes
- Reporting through agreed lines on project progress through status reports and end-stage assessments
- Liaison with appointed project assurance representatives to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project
- Maintaining an awareness of potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact
- Adopting and applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards
- Identifying and obtaining support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project
- Managing project administration
- Conducting a project evaluation review to assess how well the project was managed
- Preparing any follow-on action recommendations
Impact on innovations and changes
- Assessing priority of new features. Balancing Customer, Brand, marketing PR vs good contribution vs effort employed
- Establishing if new product and process solutions can be integrated within the Fixed system constraints.
- Getting buy in from process partners for new processes and Projects. The project manager has an important role in interfacing between the project and the business area. This is important for communicating and encouraging the need for transformation and change within the business area in tandem with the delivery of new capabilities from the project. The readiness of the business to exploit the new capability is crucial to success. Without this state of readiness in the business, there are likely to be disruptions and delays in the plan
12 month annually rolling contracts.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
This role will be offered on a PAYE or an Umbrella basis only. (No Ltd)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.