Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's Armed Forces deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now.
Based in Yeovil, you will be required to support the delivery of key activities contributing to operational Supply Chain Management (SCM) across Inventory Management, Supplier Management, Demand Management and Performance Management activities. To join a team of Supply Chain staff and provide input to the business on Supply Chain matters. Please note, you will be required to travel to Bristol Abbey Wood on an occasional basis.
As a Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for contributing to the development, monitoring and validation of demand and supply plans. Given the broad and fast-paced environment, you will be required to quickly identify sub-optimal performance and be able to identify corrective action(s) to mitigate the issue(s), to deliver continuous improvement, allowing our armed forces to have the right equipment at the right time and cost.
Roles will be varied and require the robust and effective application of supply chain policies and processes, including: pricing, item data record maintenance, material accounting, disposal and loan management, alongside the governance and leadership of critical purchasing decisions, capital asset repair and effective utilisation of MOD's Logistic Information Systems, to keep military equipment operating to best effect. Optimisation decisions regarding the MoD inventory is also key to ensure 'right sizing' for current and future demands.
To succeed, you will need to be highly proactive with a continuous improvement mindset. Supporting your team, you will be encouraged to adopt a culture of imaginative thinking, learning from experience and expanding mindsets to challenge the status quo to continually drive for improved quality
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Experience of supply chains or critical asset management and the policy, process and Logistics Information Systems (Log IS) supporting them
* Good communication, negotiation and influencing skills including the management of a broad range of stakeholders
* Understanding of optimised demand and supply planning activities
* Understanding of the need for the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
* The ability to make decisions, often in the face of multiple competing priorities
It would benefit your application should be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Military/Defence/Industry Logistics experience.
* Experience of managing contracted supply chain partnerships.
* Experience of working within a challenging, fast paced, output based customer driven environment
* Knowledge of data management and analysis skills to diagnose, improve and drive supplier performance and compliance
* Understanding of the need to conduct Material Accounting processes
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
* Customer Service
* Making evidence-based decisions
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
* Communicating and Influencing
* Delivering at Pace
Role shuts on Sunday 21st Feb, so if you are interested please email your CV to [email protected] on or before then!
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.