Medical Information German
Medical information provides answers to unsolicited medical requests from customers. Answers are created based on professional and scientific expertise, and serve as an essential link between company and customers (HCPs or patients, respectively). Careful listening to customer needs and adequate responding to customer inquiries is associated with a positive customer experience.
- Handle calls requesting product information from HCPs and other customers.
- Answer calls in a courteous, professional manner with predefined answers/resources.
- Handle of queries from patients by providing balanced, accurate and non-promotional information.
- Identify queries containing either adverse events or product quality complaints and handle these in accordance with the appropriate operating procedures.
- Accurately record all medical communication transactions into the medical information database. Documentation is to be concise, thorough, and accurate in accordance with Good Documentation Practices.
- Support the Medical Information organisation with the maintenance of the knowledge database.
- Facilitate fulfilment of customers’ requests.
- Escalate all enquiries without predefined answers according to defined processes.
- Other duties and special projects that are assigned by management (experience related).
- Utilize computer technology to handle high call volumes.
- Ensure optimal customer satisfaction.
- Share most effective methods and practices with colleagues in order to satisfy customer needs and provide input/feedback to continuously improve daily processes.
- Maintain and enhance company product and organizational knowledge.
- Support organizational changes and demonstrate flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for the front line via scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or call volume variances.
- Participate in internal and external educational opportunities relevant to the Medical Information or customer service environment. Attend team meetings regularly.
- Response to Crisis/Red Flag calls and refer to Medical Information staff until resolution.
- Bachelor degree, diploma, medical or pharmaceutical technical assistant or equivalent in health care, natural sciences, pharmacy, nutritional specialists or a related discipline, or relevant equivalent business experience. Business experience such as medical sales representative will also be considered.
- Fluent German speaker and fluency in English is essential for this role.
- Excellent active listening skills with effective verbal skills to respond to customers with a rational and empathetic manner.
- Excellent written skills to succinctly, accurately and objectively respond to customers queries.
- Able to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs, managing their expectations effectively.
- Proactive, analytical and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Able to work under pressure, juggling short deadlines, multiple priorities and concern for maintaining standards.
- Good time management skills.
- Effective prioritization showing ability to be flexible whilst meeting customer needs and managing their expectations.
- Experience of software packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Educational/work background in a health care, medical affairs, clinical development, scientific or medical communications field.
- Knowledge of customer center or medical information operational experience.
- Project management experience would be an advantage
Contract, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Science