Our Client's purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th?century, their crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning. They are looking for three Designers within different specialisms to join their Engineering Team. The Designer role supports our Client by providing technical support for new and existing boats, tractors and associated equipment to supporting coastal operations.
Some of the benefits:
Salary £25,918 - £30,492 (dependent on experience)
26 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays
Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
Health and dental cashplan
As a Designer you will be expected to support on the following:
* To assist in providing technical support to coastal staff and volunteers.
* To assist in the design, testing and roll out of new assets and equipment.
* To undertake technical investigations, troubleshooting, trials and analysis of data at boatyards, contractor's premises and on board plant.
* To undertake required tasks including the creation of CAD models, calculations, engineering drawings and documentation.
* To work within one or more of the Engineering and Supply delivery and project cells, under the guidance of the Cell Leads and project managers, to complete work to agreed timescales and in accordance with organisation processes.
* To ensure that the design of plant, equipment and procedures are developed in accordance with Engineering and Supply Processes and Standards.
You'll be a good team player who is looking to develop their career in an engineering environment. To be considered as the Designer you will need:
* An engineering qualification equivalent to the England, Wales & Northern Ireland qualification level 5 as defined by UK government, or at level 3 or 4 with proven additional experience
* Able to demonstrate working towards Engineering Council registration at Engineering Technician level.
* A good understanding of spoken and written English
* Have good IT skills including use of e.g. Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and CAD (AutoCAD, Solidworks)
Naval Architect: With a recently completed apprenticeship, HNC, HND or degree in naval architecture/ship science, it is a desirable requirement of this role to have relevant experience in industry and ideally in the marine industry. Experience of analytical design and evaluation are also key to this role. The role will also include assisting with the creation and interrogation of engineering drawings and documentation. Knowledge of composite materials would also be an advantage.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other