KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Skills and Employability sectors.
Job Title: Instructional Designer – Education and Training
Location: Home/Field and centre based - with travel for client visits and other company centres, meetings or events in the UK as required (may involve overnights stays)
Salary/Package: Circa £35,000 + Excellent Benefits Package comprising of a generous holiday entitlement, contributory pension scheme, various employee perks, insurances + more!
Type: 35 hours Monday to Friday, Permanent
The role requires flexibility with some out of hours work which does also include weekends
Essential Criteria for all candidates:
- Proven experience as an instructional designer / designer of learning or curriculum development
- Experience of working with Articulate, Moodle and Storyline
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience of design and development of sophisticated products across various environments
- Must hold own experience of assessment strategy and development
- Excellent ability to understand others and comprehend technical topics and information
- Able to nurture and develop others around you
- Proven experience in managing priorities and working to set timescales
- Experience of applying learning principles
- Knowledge of UK regulatory requirements and awarding body landscape
- Good computer skills and digital I.T working experience
- To hold an understanding of the technical language used
- Working to an agreed product brief and specification; the Instructional Designer will ensure all products (training programmes) are developed within budget and timescale.
- Working collaboratively, you will be responsible for the creation of leading products
- Providing guidance throughout the design process, ensuring specifications meet product brief and are mapped against membership, SFIA and standards criteria whilst also providing measurable outcomes.
- Carry out and take part in design planning meetings to support in the design and development against standard process, whilst also seeking out solutions to development issues within the build allocated timescale and agreed budget
- Ensure quality is maintained and version control follows development process
- Gain feedback on your work by managing the quality assurance and review processes
- Keeping in line with product brief; develop and prepare syllabus, learning objectives, assessment guides and associated material
- Ensure content developed is in line with methodology
- Able to quickly coordinate and write content gathered from subject matter experts and other relevant sources
- Train and coach subject matter experts as required
- Gain an excellent understanding of the organisations product and standards landscape whilst maintaining a continuous knowledge of the product portfolio
- Working flexibly to continuously identify areas for improvement
- Use various applications to maintain track of projects, ensuring timescales and budgets are being met at all times
- Ensure all internal processes and policies and regulatory and legal processes are met and implemented
- Maintain awareness across the market for new technologies and trends to ensure the best experience is offered
- Use an online platform as required to manage and upload content
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Secondary School or equivalent