Please note: this role closes for applications at 23:55 on 22nd March 2021
Based in Yeovil as a Supply Chain Manager, Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals at entry level to develop skills in roles primarily engaged in transactional activities working under supervision.
As a Supply Chain Manager, you will be contributing to the delivery and supporting the supply chain within the Helicopters Operating Centre (OC). It is a varied role that requires robust and on time delivery of inventory including effectively utilising various Logistics Information Systems.
In these roles, you will ensure that a high-quality service is delivered. This will be demonstrated through your ability to collaborate with others, provide resolution to problems and to deliver a range of complex and time-sensitive, outputs that support your customers in the Front-Line Commands and/or DE&S Delivery Teams. A good eye for detail and skills in the management of data will play a vital part of this posts.
You will be responsible for providing support to our customers.
Key activities will include:
- Creating item data records and maintaining them through life
- Monitoring inventory levels to ensure they remain within agreed levels
- Monitoring delivery schedule adherence and hasten where necessary Identifying and suggest areas for improvement
- Assisting with preparing financial data for inventory
- Assisting with disposal of inventory by preparing documentation
- Using various MOD Logistics IS and Microsoft application systems
Please be aware DE&S HQ is based in Bristol and as such, occasional travel to Bristol will likely be necessary for business purposes.
What you will be assessed against -
To progress to the first stage - the CV Sift - your CV must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- Able to learn quickly with the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent (i.e. ONC or BTEC Level 3) or have Supply Chain work experience
- Intermediate IT skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Good customer focus and stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrable communication skills, both verbal and written
It would benefit your application if you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- A background of working within Supply Chain Management
- Use of MOD ILOG systems, or equivalent
To determine if you progress from the CV sift to the Interview Stage, your CV will be scored against the following -
- Key achievements
- Relevant experience
- Applied knowledge and skills
Please ensure your CV includes written, detailed examples of each.
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other