Key responsibilities of the role are:
- To undertake and commission the asset management of the highways structures including the Bridge Assessment Programme.
- To develop programmes of works to ensure effective management of the highways structures, and identify and seek relevant funding and resources.
- To provide professional, technical support and advice in relation to highways structures to support the delivery of the Council's statutory duties and corporate priorities.
- To lead the successful delivery of highways engineering structural schemes and programmes, from inception through to final completion, including commissioning consultants and contractors as appropriate.
- To undertake Approval in Principle procedures on behalf of the Council (as Technical Approval Authority) for the assessment, modification and new construction of any type of Council owned or private structure on public roads.
- To ensure the necessary technical, administrative and financial approvals are in place for the preparation, supervision and administration of the highways contracts.
- To prepare estimates and lead on the supervision of contracts to ensure compliance with contract specifications, financial regulations, standing orders and the relevant legislation.
- To act as structural consultant to other departments on a range of Council projects of various types and scale, providing designs, advice and technical information from inception to completion when required.
- To ensure that the contractors are delivering quality services in compliance with specifications, through maintaining adequate records to address non-compliance issues and resulting remedial actions.
- To represent the Council's interests on various inter‑borough or national liaison and technical groups (as appropriate)
- To liaise with, where appropriate, other offices, customers and stakeholders, to ensure that work programmes are coordinated and projects are delivered to programme and budget.
- To achieve successful partnership working with public, private and community sector organisations and stakeholders.
- To carry out technical investigations as directed, including the preparation of reports on findings.
- To liaise and deal courteously and in line with policy with all enquiries from elected Members, members of the public, and stakeholders, including the preparation of letters, technical reports and other documents as required.
- To maintain technical and resource records in accordance with their procedures as outlined in the Business Management System.
- To be aware of the best value aspects of providing professional/technical service and to assist in the achievement of these.
- Attend internal and external meetings, and represent the service at public and other meetings as directed.
- To take ownership of personal training and development needs, and keep up to date with latest industry developments.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other