An ‘Outstanding’ SEN School in Merton are looking for a SEN Teacher to teach Design and Technology Lessons to the Secondary cohort. This school specialises in supporting pupils with Autism and Speech, Language and Communication difficulties. Though some pupils have mobility difficulties, all are working to National Curriculum for KS3 and KS4.
You will hold QTS and enthusiastically deliver Design & Technology lessons. Preferably you will specialise in Resistant Material but this is not essential as you will be joining a supportive team who will happy to help you in the initial weeks. With clear communication skills and ability to build good, trusting relationships with pupils. deally you will have previously taught SEN pupils before but we will warmly accept applications from D&T Teachers who are looking to diversify their experience.
To make a positive impact here:
- You will ideally be a competent SEN Teacher who has experience in teaching at Secondary Level. Design and Technology Teachers with limited SEN experience are also welcomed to apply!
- Excitedly delivers D&T lessons following National Curriculum
- A patient and empathetic approach will be great benefit to your pupils
Person Specification - SEN Teacher
- Must hold UK QTS and Valid DBS
- Ideally experienced supporting SEN Pupils with including ASD Communication difficulties
- Enjoys using their own initiative to creatively lead and manage class
- Good Communication and Organisation Skills
School Information - SEN Teacher
- ‘Outstanding’ School with modern technology installed across all classrooms
- Welcoming Staff
- Progression and development opportunities
- Good Transport Links and parking available
COVID-19 Notice - We will not be interviewing candidates face to face, we will instead be interviewing via video link where possible or speaking via phone call. Vetting procedures will be carried out online.
UCM Education specialise in placing Teachers and support staff in schools and nurseries throughout the UK. Due to the number of applications, we receive for job posts we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year