Job title: Head of Payroll Services
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Division/Department: Umbrella Payroll
Reporting to: Operations Director
The company is a well-established accountancy firm based in Lancaster providing accounting services to 1,200+ clients via cloud accounting software. The company offer a high-quality service in Bookkeeping, Accounts, Payroll, VAT Returns and Tax Services as well as offering a wealth of knowledge and advice.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual with a passion for payroll. The role would be fully responsible for the entire payroll function within Umbrella and Payroll Bureau. Responsible for a team of 8, the role is part of the senior management team and involved in strategic planning for the success of the business.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage a team of payroll administrators
- Provide training and coaching to team members assists in monitoring workloads and high standards of work, quality and organisational performance is achieved
- Manage and be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of weekly and monthly payrolls
- Keep up to date with regulations/legislation that are relevant and action where necessary working closely with the senior management team
- Responsible for all payroll related mergers and acquisitions.
- Make improvements to payroll set up and internal audit process and assist with internal and external audit requests
- Ensure all HMRC responsibilities are completed, PAYE, P11’d etc
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met and reported to the SMT and Operations Director
- Ensure all auto enrolment obligations are met for Umbrella and Payroll Bureau.
- Any other payroll duties as required by the business
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified or undertaking CIPP training or other payroll qualifications.
- 3+ years Experience working within Umbrella Payroll in a Managerial role.
- GCSE Maths and English to grade C and above.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to demonstrate patience in demanding circumstances.
- Excellent time keeping and management ability with the ability to prioritise workload to ensure all tasks are carried out on a daily basis and all deadlines are met.
- IT Skills with competent use of word and excel.
- Customer focused.
- Previous office experience.
If you have the relevant experience, please get in touch with your up to date CV by applying within.
Head of Payroll, Payroll Services, Umbrella Payroll, Accounting, Accountancy, Umbrella, Head of, Managerial, Manager, Team Leader, Payroll Administrator
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Accountancy