We are currently recruiting for a Site Inspector to join a local authority based in Oxfordshire on a temporary basis.
- To assist the Road Agreements Manager and Senior Site Inspector in managing the work of the team, with particular emphasis on management of workload and output of direct reports.
- To independently inspect and provide construction advise on site for major and complex highway schemes. This to include inspection of structures, drainage, ground stabilisation, material testing as well as highway infrastructure.
- To assist the Road Agreements Manager and Senior Site Inspector in the development and implementation of Site Inspection specific revised policies and working processes and procedures
- To promote a strong customer service focus within the team and provide an excellent level of customer care
- To deputise for the Senior Site Inspector as necessary
- To manage own workload and ensure an efficient manner of working to the time scales, targets and standards required by the service.
- Respond to and manage the changing priorities of individual construction sites, resulting in re-programming of workload plan for Site Inspection Team, without recourse to line manager.
- Act as the authorities representative on new development and existing asset highway schemes to provide sound advice to developers, contractors and consultants in relation to highway infrastructure construction techniques and standards.
- HNC or equivalent level of relevant experience in engineering or Construction discipline or alternative relevant qualification
- CSCS qualification
- City & Guilds Street Works Excavation & Reinstatement (supervisor level)(New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991)
- Experience of the road adoption process including Section 38, 278 and 219(private road agreement) of the Highways Act 1980
- Extensive Civil Engineering construction site experience, including sound understanding of highway infrastructure
- A working understanding and experience of road construction design and specifications and other associated infrastructure and its construction application
- Extensive experience and understanding of highway construction materials, their properties and uses
- Experience of liaising and negotiating with developers/civil engineering contractors (in both private and public sector) to resolve technically complex construction related problems
- Extensive experience in the use, interpretation and amendment of technically complex civil engineering drawings.
- Basic understanding of the relevant sections highway law relating to the function of this post.
- Experience and understanding of NRSWA in relation to highway infrastructure works
To apply please send your CV to the email address below.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)