A SEN School in Lewisham are looking for a SEN Teacher to lead their KS2 Cohort from after the Easter break (2nd week of April). This Special Primary School support pupils with ASD, SLD, Complex Learning Needs and Communication Difficulties. The school follow a holistic approach with the aim of promoting independence amongst their pupils. Your class are grouped according to their ability. Experience with PECS, Visual Aids, coordinating support staff and delivering differentiated lessons will be greatly beneficial. Ideally you will be familiar with Primary levels but those with experience with Secondary are also welcome to apply.
To make a positive impact here:
- You will ideally be a patient SEN Teacher who has experience in teaching at Primary Level. Teachers with SEN experience in Primary are also warmly welcomed to apply.
- You will preferably have a background with working with SLD, ASD and Communication Needs
- Ability to lead support staff and take direction from SLT.
Person Specification - SEN Teacher
- Experience supporting pupils by delivering differentiated, holistic curriculum
- Must hold UK QTS and have experience developing pupils with Special and Additional Needs
- Experience liaising with support staff and collaborating with Middle Leadership
School Information - SEN Teacher
- ‘Outstanding’ School
- Supportive Head and Head of Key Stage
- Newly furbished School Site with on-site therapists, dedicated psychotherapy rooms and a School Dog!
- Good Transport Links and parking available
COVID-19 Notice - We will not be interviewing candidates face to face, we will instead be interviewing via video link where possible or speaking via phone call. Vetting procedures will be carried out online.
UCM Education specialise in placing Teachers and support staff in schools and nurseries throughout the UK. Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year