Group Purchasing Manager
Durham or Sheffield
We are working on an exclusive basis with a leading, established and highly profitable Heavy Engineering company in their search for a Group Purchasing Manager.
The group spend over £25 million a year on materials and services, and you will play a vital role in contributing to the profitability and growth of the group, managing purchasing & negotiations across three UK sites.
The business are a highly diverse and demanding environment with a great opportunity for individuals wanting to add value, who love the thrill of solving challenges.
The business also have fixed shutdowns and holidays due to the demanding nature of the business, great for managers who want to enjoy their time off, knowing their colleagues are doing the same.
The role will involve frequent travel between UK sites and suppliers and is a site-based role.
Salary of a Group Purchasing Manager
Negotiable depending on experience.
Job Description of a Group Purchasing Manager
- Regularly comparing energy and raw material costs to market prices and re-negotiating prices where necessary.
- Negotiating prices and commercial terms with major suppliers of working materials, bespoke parts and subcontract services.
- Negotiating prices and commercial terms with suppliers and contractors for capital investment projects.
- Ensuring the group’s purchasing policies and procedures align with its ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Optimising inventory management to satisfy production demands while minimising the value of inventory held.
- Monitoring supply chain risk, identifying secondary sources for critical materials and services where necessary.
Skills & experience of a Group Purchasing Manager
- Senior management-level experience in purchasing for a Heavy Engineering business.
- Accreditation by CIPS or a similar professional association.
- An awareness of international commodity and currency markets.
- An understanding of contract law.
Why Should You Apply?
- Work for a profitable, secure business in a group autonomous role.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing