Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces to deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
The Defence Petroleum Depot receives, stores, maintains and issues a wide range of petroleum products used by the UK armed forces anywhere in the world. Our staff work closely with project teams and front-line commands to ensure our troops are supplied with the right items at the right time. We work as part of an important part of the wider MoD establishment that supports, procures and supplies our armed forces.
As a member of our Warehouse Operations team, you will assist us in storing, maintaining and issuing of material and processing the supporting documentation. This is a highly varied and hands on role which you will be employed across the full range of activities conducted by the depot.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, hard-working and organised individual who can work in a pressurised, customer-focused environment to tight timescales while remaining positive and focused on delivery. Above all, you will be passionate about safety and process, closely following the guidance and procedures that means all equipment is handled in a safe, effective and consistent fashion.
The Warehouse Operative role includes operating a range of Mechanical handling equipment, as well as manual handling & loading / unloading of vehicles and shipping containers. It should be noted that this role often requires work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Receipt, storage, management and issue of oil, lubricants, packed fuels and associated products to HM armed forces on a Tri-Service basis.
* Cleaning, patch painting, minor repairs & reporting faults.
* Ensure all areas of the warehouse are kept secure, safe and tidy to prevent theft, accidents or damage to stock.
* Accurate processing, preparation, washing and filling of jerricans and filling equipment in support of the pre-determined filling programme.
* Disposal of unserviceable containers.
* Ensuring that the pre and post operational checks are completed with diligence and accurately recorded.
* Produce the address labels using the Warehouse Management System.
* Ensuring that the packaging shed is kept in a clean and tidy condition ensuring that enough rubbish containers are available and conveniently located adjacent to the work areas.
* Ensuring that faults are found and reported to the manual handling equipment supervisor and obtaining a replacement vehicle if considered necessary.
You may be required to select stock for issue, prepare relevant paperwork for timely and efficient delivery, whilst ensuring that receipts are filed for stock received for accurate stock take check. Working both individually and as part of a team of staff, you will support all activities related to the inspection and classification of returned jerricans and petroleum, oil and lubricant pallets, including maintenance and daily servicing of all equipment prior to use.
Please note the below:
These posts include a requirement to carry out duty on call responsibility for out of hours warehouse activities on a rotational basis. When employed in packed fuel production, you will be a member of the depots Pollution Response Team. Please note that due to the business need, the working hours are Monday-Thursday (7.30am-4pm) and Fridays (7.30am-12.30pm).
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a material handling equipment medical before being deemed fit to be trained to operate this equipment.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Experience of working in a warehouse environment.
* Knowledge of basic Health and Safety Policies.
* A good communicator and can deal with stakeholders confidentially at all levels.
It would benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Previous experience of operating MHE, carrying out the appropriate supporting administration & holding a forklift licence would be an advantage, although full training can and will be provided.
* IT Proficient.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other