Highways Operations (Street Works/Network Management Team)
- Delivers operational highways and network management, including implementation of planned and reactive maintenance of the Council's highway assets, the operational aspects of street works and road works coordination, Permitting, management of winter maintenance, management and processing of Traffic Management Orders, highway licences, and contract management and administration of relevant delivery contracts available to the Service
- Provides support and operational management and delivery of the delegated duties of the Council's Traffic Management function, and for ensuring implementation of the requirements of the Network Management duty.
- Contributes towards the delivery of the Council's highways asset management strategy
- Ensures implementation of the requirements of relevant legislation, technical guidance, and Codes of Practice (CoP), including compliance with the Traffic Management Act (TMA) 2004, Highways Act 1980, Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) & the Traffic Regulation Order Making regulations, Environmental Protection Act (EPA) 1990, New Roads & Street Works Act 1991, Floods & Water Management Act 2010, CoP Well Maintained Highways 2005, Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations, etc.
- Complies with Shared Service policies and procedures, Standing Orders, financial regulations and Code of Conduct
- Contributes to the development of Team Plans and the Shared Service Plan
- Contributes to the development of team and service plans and sets SMART performance targets for team members linked to the appraisal process to ensure that high standards and expectations are achieved
- Motivates and inspires team members to deliver team and service plans that support delivery of corporate vision
- Promotes a performance management culture within the Team and regularly monitors and adjusts performance against agreed performance indicators
- Agrees clear objectives with team members, continuously monitors and provides feedback on performance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other