A large, comprehensive SEN School in Wandsworth are looking for a confident SEN Teacher to support pupils with SLCN (Speech, Language and Communication) and MSI (Multi-Sensory Impairment). Along with facilities being fitted with modern technology, the School adopts a Sensory Education Approach to best support their pupils. You will be leading a class with pupils with mild-to-severe sensory challenges so experience with Sign Language, Visual Aids and other similar communication methods will be greatly beneficial. You will be working closely with the onsite specialists who will share insight on how to best differentiate lessons for your cohort. Additionally, you will be supported by Support Staff who are familiar with the class and the needs of their key children.
To make a positive impact here:
- Confidently deliver differentiated and interactive lessons
- Have previous experience with SEN especially with Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties and MSI (Multi-Sensory Impairment) as pupils here will be blind, partially sighted, hard of hearing or deaf.
- Enjoy collaborating with Specialists, Therapists and your Support Staff
- Must hold QTS and have an up-to-date DBS.
- Access to 2 References
- This modern school is fitted with excellent facilities and modern technology
- On site Specialists and Therapists
- Good transport links and parking available
COVID-19 Notice - We will not be interviewing candidates face to face, we will instead be interviewing via video link where possible or speaking via phone call. Vetting procedures will be carried out online.
UCM Education specialise in placing Teachers and support staff in schools and nurseries throughout the UK. Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts, we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year