We are looking to appoint a Peripatetic Manager primarily to take overall responsibility for site leadership where a service is currently without permanent management. Required to manage people and resources to ensure high quality standards of care and service are delivered to regulatory, contractual and company standards.
Alternatively, to provide defined operational support management to existing site leadership where additional support may be required to drive quality, business development and financial viability in both existing provisions and new services. This role is a regional South West role.
- Ensure the service meets all legal and statutory requirements including (but not limited to) those related to fire regulations, health and safety at work, licensing, trading standards, employment, Care Standards Act and relevant country legislation and that all appropriate statutory notices are displayed.
- Ensure that the relevant regulatory and commissioning bodies’ standards are achieved and that all staff are trained to understand and operate at this level.
- Ensure that all service user documentation and records are maintained to a high standard in a timely manner, and that a programme of meaningful activities is available to all residents. Implement appropriate systems to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Where required, ensure support/care staff are registered with the relevant body. Ensure that adequate references, appropriate criminal record/disclosure checks and relevant right to work documentation is obtained for all staff so that service users are protected.
- Ensure sufficient and appropriate levels and mix of staff are recruited and rostered in accordance with service user requirements at all times. Ensure staff are inducted, trained, motivated and supported to achieve company standards and deliver the highest levels of care and customer service.
- Provide support to existing Home Managers in day to day operations ensuring that the service meets the organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal and regulatory requirements, environmental policies and general duty of care.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- A detailed knowledge of the regulatory and statutory requirements associated with social care is essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a matrix organisation and to deliver continuous improvement via coaching, mentoring and strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of the key business activities associated with leading a care home, specialist service or supported living operation.
- Extensive travel and overnight stays will be required. The role may require you to be based at a site full time for an undefined period, meaning staying away from home throughout the week is likely to be required. While this may be within an allocated region, business need may dictate deployment to any site nationwide as required. Post holders will therefore need to be flexible.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Health, Nursing
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)