A welcoming and supportive SEN School in Lewisham are looking for a compassionate SEN Teacher to support their Primary cohort who have Complex Learning Needs inclusive of SLD, MLD, Autism and Physical Disabilities. You will spend the first half of the week working in an SLD, non-verbal class alongside a Middle Leader and SEN TA’s. This role will be focused on delivering lessons and support to your class as the Middle Leader will lead the planning side. In the last half of the week, you will be leading a more able and interactive class who the Headteacher describes and ‘glorious kids who are an absolute joy’. The children are accessing Early Years/KS1 level, but if you have experience with secondary pupils working below expectations you are also invited to apply!
To make a positive impact here:
- An empathetic, hands on and supportive nature will be of great benefit to your classes and the wider school team
- Collaborate and organise Support Staff effectively
- Creatively deliver lessons to encourage interactivity and engagement
- Ideally has previous experience teaching to Early Years/KS1 Level to pupils with Severe Learning Difficulties especially Autism, and Speech, Language and Communication Needs.
- Must hold QTS and have an up-to-date DBS.
- Access to References
- This school boasts a community feel and ensures all members of staff are integrated within the team
- Social events within bubbles
- Good transport links
COVID-19 Notice - We will not be interviewing candidates face to face, we will instead be interviewing via video link where possible or speaking via phone call. Vetting procedures will be carried out online.
UCM Education specialise in placing Teachers and support staff in schools and nurseries throughout the UK. Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts, we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year