An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Block Property Manager to join a progressive and established Property Management team with an admirable commitment to ethical and customer-focussed business practice.
Looking after Block Property Management for sites in the local area, the successful Block Property Manager will need to be comfortable handling a multi-site portfolio and must be experienced with liaising between freeholders and leaseholders, including negotiating service charges, holding AGM’s and overseeing Section 20 major works projects.
Familiar with The Landlords and Tenants Act, you’ll be adept at assessing and complying with lease details, in line with current legislation and safety requirements.
While training and support will be on hand while you settle into the role, realistically you will need to have previous Block Management experience to be able to hit the ground running from the outset, making sure that clients and customers receive an exceptional service from the word go.
Ideally you will be AIRPM qualified, although my client is happy to offer support towards training and exams for parties who have the relevant experience but have not yet qualified.
Acting as the point of liaison between contractors, freeholders, and tenants alike, while overseeing sometimes complicated and long-term maintenance and renovation projects. You’ll need to be a personable but strong communicator who is able to build and maintain long-term professional relationships.
Covering all aspects of Block Property Management including co-ordinating larger scale maintenance works, renovations projects, health and safety compliance, setting and managing service charges, chairing AGM’s, investment performance assessment, and dealing with section notices.
The Successful Block Property Manager will need to have:
- Previous Block Management, Housing Estate Management or Leasehold Management experience
- Good working knowledge of the Landlords and Tenants Act
- Strong lease and legislation checking skills
- Experience managing section 20 major works
- Experience handling AGM’s
- Good budget management and financial awareness
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- You will ideally be AIRPM qualified, or willing to work towards this
- Excellent organisation skills and punctuality are paramount
- An ability to multi-task, with strong prioritisation skills
- A genuine commitment to high quality customer service
- A clean full UK Driving Licence
Block Property Manager – Benefits
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Support with professional development and further relevant qualifications
- Company pool car available for site visits
- Internal progression opportunities
- Varied and interesting portfolio with opportunities to up-skill and take on new portfolio types over time
- Pension & Childcare Vouchers Scheme
This is a great opportunity for a passionate Block Property Manager eager to take the next step in their career in a progressive, secure, and supportive team.
Magnus James is a national specialist recruiter for the property industry and covers the following areas, New Homes, Residential Lettings, Estate Agents, Property Management and Block Management.
In order to discuss this vacancy and all other vacancies that we have in the property sector, please contact Magnus James on 01285 861896.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property