We’re on the lookout for a personable and self-motivated Sales and Lettings Property Negotiator to join an established Lettings team with a fast-growing sales arm covering the Southampton area.
Working for a well-established brand with sales leads also coming in from their popular and well-liked Lettings team, this is agency has a good reputation in their area and are looking for an experienced Property Negotiator to help them push the sales team to the next level, while also supporting the lettings team.
With at least some prior experience as a Negotiator in an estate agency, ideally in sales (although lettings experience will also be advantageous), you’ll be a real people person, not afraid to pick up the phone for enquiries and property match-outs. You’ll be confident giving honest advice and feedback, and following up leads and enquiries. As a large part of the role will be meeting clients and customers both in the office and at properties, you’ll also be well presented and comfortable with face to face sales and customer service.
As a proactive and self-motivated person, you’ll be on-the-ball with following up and converting leads, whether its converting enquiries to viewings, following up and providing feedback after viewings, securing valuations opportunities from viewers with properties to sell or let, or being proactive with callouts for new properties.
About the role
Working within a down to earth and customer focussed team, this is a traditional Estate Agency Sales and Lettings Negotiator role. Your primary responsibilities will be viewings, property marketing, property match-out’s, follow ups, offer and tenancy negotiations, and sales progression. If you’d like, there would also be the opportunity to cover valuations as well, although this is flexible on a case-by-case basis, so not essential.
For the administration and marketing elements of the role you’ll need good attention to detail, with excellent organisation. Diary management skills are an absolute must-have, not to mention an ingrained desire to both exceed expectations and ‘get things right’ for your customers and clients.
As a Sales & Lettings Property Negotiator you will be responsible for:
- Handling property enquiries
- Arranging viewings
- Attending viewings
- Organising marketing details for new properties (photography, floor plans, descriptions etc)
- Negotiating sales and lets
- Registering potential buyers and tenants
- Liaising with customers and clients to answer any queries they have
- Valuations (if you would like to, though not essential
As a Sales and Lettings Property Negotiator you will have the following skill set:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in an estate agency across either sales, lettings - or ideally both
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good people skills, both face to face, on the phone, and in emails
- Full UK driving license with access to a car (essential)
- Experience with property marketing advantageous, but not essential
Sales and Lettings Property Negotiator – Benefits
- £17,000 - £19,000 Basic Salary
- On target earnings circa £25,000 - £30,000
- Commission for both sales and lettings
- Time back in lieu for working Saturday’s
- Established brand with strong market presence and a good reputation
- Small, close knit team
- Nice office in a central location
- Potential for growth, further training and progression opportunities
- Pension & Childcare Vouchers Scheme
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Sales & Lettings Property Negotiator to join a well-established Estate Agency with excellent career progression and uncapped commission.
Magnus James is a specialist recruiter for the property industry and covers the following areas, New Homes, Residential Lettings, Estate Agents, Property Management and Block Management.
In order to discuss this vacancy and all other vacancies that we have in the property sector, please contact Magnus James on 01285 861896
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Plus commission, OTE circa £25,000 - £30,000
- Industry Sector Property