The contract will initially be until the end of the year, with extensions likely.
The role is offered on a PAYE or UMB basis only, paying up to £19.68PAYE + 35 days holiday, or £25.29UMB.
- Verify Quality Incident, Level 0 activities and Work Instructions issued for quality issues within their perimeter are correct.
- Accountability for management and resolution of quality issues within their perimeter
- Follow defined processes to raise the Initial Complaint Report and 8D request appropriately, ensuring the responsibilities of BMW are met.
- Ensure problem landscape is clearly communicated to the appropriate suppliers.
- Engage with QMT's and supplier representatives at all levels to steer the problem resolution process at supplier and to challenge proposed solutions using product knowledge and awareness of quality tools
- Progress the Supplier 8D landscape to closure in a timely manner ensuring the quality of the content is satisfactory.
- Ensure the Red Rack is reviewed and suspect components are progressed as necessary.
- Ensure the PQM Landscape is progressed to closure in line with defined processes and supported by the Supplier 8D.
- Ensure Third Party Sorting actions onsite are dealt with efficiently and effectively and containment activity is transferred to suppliers as quickly as possible and in line with target expectations.
- Escalate problems and suppliers as per the GS95015, defect elimination.
- Provide cross-functional support to process partners with respect to problem analysis, module meetings etc.
- Ensure clear communication of Quality topics with the M-KIDAGT organisation.
- By exception, support supplier visits to verify 8D problem resolution where required.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by QSB Lead/Manager.
- Ensure analyses of problems are conducted correctly, agreeing liability.
- Decide suitability of suppliers 8D with respect to long term effectiveness.
- Escalation of problem solvers to ensure 8D/PQM steering is efficient, effective and folders are managed within the required timeline.
- Ability to negotiate with process partners internally and agree problem ownership.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering Apprenticeship (or equivalent) or suitable working experience
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to make and enforce decisions.
- Ability to apply Quality problem solving tools, efficiently.
- SAP, B2B, qCAT PQM, 8D.
- Ability to communicate at all operational levels.
- Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings.
- Ability to use basic measuring equipment.
- Ability to interpret measurement reports.
- Ability to interpret and apply group standards.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK freely.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other