Our client, who are a global leading manufacturer, have an exciting, permanent opportunity for a Quality Specialist who will be responsible for delivering support for both project quality assurance and production quality across the business. They will be focussed on maintaining and improving product quality, certification, operational variances and business risk.
The role will encompass support across both the project and production sides of the business
Some duties would include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of certificates for inclusion within the Manufacturing Record Books (MRB). This involves:
- Compiling all data available in production logbooks, test records and raw materials information - for customer record.
- Continuously monitoring of product traceability at all stages of the manufacturing process. Taking appropriate actions if it is compromised at any point in time.
- Working with suppliers to guarantee availability of suppliers' certificates of conformance/tests.
- Production Non-Conformance handling:
- Notification to the relevant personnel within the site team and customer project manager within a defined timeframe.
- Conduct adequate investigation and root cause analysis and drive the implementation of corrective actions.
- Be the main point of contact to action any NC's raised and monitor trends.
- Weekly monitoring status of planned production and flagging of any minor & cosmetic NC's or any other issues. Update relevant report for submission to customers
- Alignment with Operations regarding Product dispatch and Status.
- Compile HSE data related to the project.
- Training, documents and records:
- Conduct relevant training with Operators, aimed at improving process performance.
- Implement new actions, tests, controls, etc, that may arise as a consequence of NC analysis, audit findings, etc.
- Monitor the currency of all documentation available to operators, assisting in the creation of new documents.
- Support the site team in preparation of any Process Validation audits. This includes preparation of process work instructions, tests procedures etc.
- Conduct Quick Process Audits on manufacturing lines according to Plant QPA schedule.
- Conduct IMS Audits with the QHSE Team as per Plant IMS audit schedule.
- Keeping track of NC's raised on the above 2 systems, co-ordinating CA close out.
- Support any customer or ISO 9001 / BASEC / LPCB management system certification audits from preparation stage to final execution.
- Quality Improvement Activity
- Support Process Engineering with Continuous Improvement (CI) activity - both individually and working within Teams.
- Support Quality Meetings, Customer Claims, COPQ and CI.
- Production of monthly COPQ data.
- Support customer complaints process and close out.
- Product Certification
- Generation of product quality plans
- To generate and keep track of test sample submission and results in order to maintain relevant external body and customer certification
- Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT's):
- Coordinate resources in preparation for any customer-witnessed FATs.
- Accompany the customer during execution of FATs.
- Collect results and incorporate into certificates for final submission to customer as products are despatched.
- To maintain product equipment validation registers and calibrate equipment as required, using internal and external agencies
- Take the lead on the installation and use of Q-Pulse as the tool to manage calibration throughout the site
- Supplier Quality Assurance
- Involvement in identifying and auditing poorly performing suppliers in order to improve their delivered product quality, using Group tools.
- Approval of incoming raw materials.
- Health, Safety and Environment:
- Involve the factory HSE responsible in any required improvement identified during audits or observations.
- Monitor the prompt execution of open actions addressing project HSE issues
- Ensure all COSHH information including COSHH Risk Assessments and SDS's are up to date and changes are communicated as appropriate.
Suitable candidates will have previous QA experience within a relevant industry sector and will have experience of problem solving within a manufacturing environment.
Previous knowledge and experience of QHSE management system models i.e. ISO 9001 is essential, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 would be also beneficial.
Internal Auditor Training (Integrated Management Systems) is an essential requirement for this position and a Bachelor of Engineering degree / HND would be preferred.
- Use of Quality Assurance tools, such as 8D, SPC, PFMEA, Control Plans and Gauge R&R in a production environment would be beneficial
- General office experience to include document administration and data inputting/handling is a necessity also through the usage of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
Remuneration package includes:
- Competitive basic salary
- 39 hours per week (Flexible working hours)
- 25 days holiday per annum plus statutory bank holidays
- Defined contribution pension scheme - contributory up to 4% Pensionable Pay which the Company will add up to 8% of Pensionable Pay
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other