Our well established and growing Abingdon based client are on the hunt for some specialist production operatives to join their team in their relatively new heat shielding department.
The purpose of this job role is to produce bespoke heat shields with insulation for car parts, on time, and to a high standard.
Main Duties of the role include:
- To carry out welding of components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies to go into motorsport/automotive products following relevant drawings, procedures or guidelines.
- To work in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- To ensure KPI targets are met
- To inform the Team Leader of any equipment or stock concerns
- To always keep the area clean and tidy
- To maintain and reinforce internal quality standards to meet and exceed customer expectations
- To assist the Senior Production Operative with the packing of completed parts
Essential Skills & Experience includes:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- The ability to work both alone and in a team
- The ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Basic measuring and marking out skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high level of manual dexterity
- Good time management and organisational skills
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- A qualification in Fabrication and HIG/MIG Welding Engineering, or similar discipline, is preferred.
- Previous experience working with thin sheet metal for bespoke projects
The hours of work are 7am-4.15pm (45 mins for lunch) Monday – Thursday , 7am-12pm Friday
£18-24k depending on experience
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
Student (Higher education/Graduate)
'A' level/Higher or equivalent