We are working for a leading, SME, specialist micro-engineering company in their search for a Head Engineer.
Salary of a Head/Lead Engineer
Up to £60,000
Job Description of a Head/Lead Engineer
- Creation, validation, and improvement of Drawings & Specifications to ensure optimum processing, standards, and costs.
- To provide new Product and Process Introduction supporting the manufacturing team by working with suppliers of new machinery, materials and prototype testing.
- Work 'hands on' in the production of customer orders and internal project requirements to ensure the business meets its manufacturing objectives when required to do so.
- Use Continuous Improvement and Lean Initiatives to provide a structured approach to New Product introduction, quality, cost and delivery improvements.
- Liaison with new and existing suppliers with regards to quality improvement, cost reduction, dual sourcing and problem solving.
- Use of analytical tools to identify and quantify process status and improvements. Use of statistical data to drive process improvement.
Skills & experience of a Head/Lead Engineer
- Chartered Engineering status favourable, demonstrating product design from concept to manufacture.
- Masters or degree qualified engineer in CAD systems / micro-engineered parts.
- Minimum ten years’ experience required in micro-engineering related field incorporating design, tooling & manufacturing of micro-engineered products.
- Background experience in microfluidics, medical devices, or biosciences advantageous.
- High experience in using primarily 2D AutoCAD / CAD and changing CAD systems.
- Good all-round additional understanding of mechanical processing / CNC systems, Chemical processing, and electrical knowledge.
- Good understanding of Project Engineering, Continuous improvement & Lean.
Why Should You Apply?
- Work in a growing business in a highly technical and exciting role.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines;
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing